Welcome to my little home on the internet. Stay for a while, wander around and check things out. You might find my digital scrapbook pages, some of my travel photos and other random stuff. Enjoy your stay!

2009-05-24

Live from the 93rd Indy 500

Well, as I sit here in the stands, it certainly is fairly hot for this time of year. There is a little breeze and some rain on the radar to the south. It has been pretty cool up until this week.

The singing of "Back Home Again in Indiana", the National Anthem and the military fly over were awesome as always. They also did a 21 gun salute and played Taps to honor the military men and women who have lost their lives. After all, that is what Memorial Day is really all about. Remembering those who have given their lives to defend our country.

There was a bad start when some drivers jumped ahead before they reached the Yard of Bricks. They had to come around and line up again to start again! Then there is a wreck in the first lap. This could prove to be a very interesting race! And as I am writing this, in lap 21 there is another wreck! This could definitely be a very interesting race!


3 comments:

just Patty Anne said...

I'm a Nascar Gal - but my very first ever Nascar race to go to was right there at the Brickyard. So much racing history. I saw a great IROC race there as well. I camped right outside turn 4.

You have some freaking good seats! It is a gorgeous track! I hope you're having an absolute blast!!!

Amysout said...

More power to ya girl! I couldn't sit still enough to watch a race - even in the stands. I never took to sports for that reason - live is different though - but I don't think I'd make it through an entire race! How many laps did you have to sit there?

Sharon B. said...

You have real potential as a sports comentator, lady. You sound just like Tom Carnegie. Well, not exactly LOL. I'll bet you had fun. More sunburn on top of the other one? Great picture as always. Can't wait to see the rest.